Somebody save me. I may eat way too many of these. No really, these are actually really good. A chocolate chip cookie with a subtle matcha flavor, and a good kick of caffeine. They are my new favorites.
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cadbury milk chocolate bars roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 F, and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, salt, matcha powder, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar and mix with a hand mixer until creamy.
- Once the sugar/butter mixture is creamy, add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix together until well combined.
- Add the chopped chocolate bars, and the flour mixture into the large bowl and mix everything together until it forms a dough. Surprise! Your dough will be green.
- Form a ball of dough, about a tablespoon’s worth, and place on the baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes, or until the cookies start to turn a nice golden brown. Take the cookies off of the baking sheet and allow them to cool on a cooling rack.